Friday, November 12, 2010

Vincent's Soda Fountain


I cannot believe I forgot to mention Vincent’s Soda Fountain at Freshfield’s Village.  I was reading a blog post about it and I figured I would share it with you.  The website is http://lowcountrytourist.blogspot.com/2010/07/vincents-drug-store-and-soda-fountain.html.  This store has a 1950’s feel to it once you enter.  This store has a pharmacy section, an array of products for visitors to buy, and a diner.  I love how this blog talks about the different aspects of the store.  It really does a wonderful job of talking about the different services this one store can offer to vacation visitors.  I would agree that the diner is the biggest attraction at the store.  This is due to the wonderful food and service they offer to their customers.  I loved going in there with my cousins and getting an ice cream cone or a shake to go while we were shopping.  They really know how to make you feel like you have gone back in time.  This is also due to the old-fashion ice cream treats and old-time candy selection.  I remember finding mallo cups at Vincent’s Soda Fountain.  They are milk chocolate cups with whipped creamy center and a sprinkle of coconut.  They are delicious and hard to find.  But at Vincent’s Soda Fountain, you can find any old-time candy that you ate as a kid.  I would have to agree with the blog post that this is definitely a place to stop by when you are on Kiawah Island.  You will have a rocking time at Vincent’s Soda Fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment