Monday, November 8, 2010

A Day At Freshfields Village


You can always leave the beach and the place you are staying at to spend a day at the Freshfields Village.  It is at the entrance of the island when you arrive.  There are plenty of shops that you can look at.  This was always my favorite activity to do because it gave us a chance to get away from the house.  We could also explore the shops and see what we wanted to get while we were on vacation.  The grocery store is amazing to look around in.  It has wonderful food for you to get while you stay on the island.  There are plenty of gift shops that sell items with Kiawah Island on it.  I know my family has gotten shirts, sweatshirts, cozies, and various other products with Kiawah Island on it.  I remember the clothing stores that my cousins and I would get to go to.  We would get our summer dresses to wear on the beach or in the house.  I still wear those dresses a lot because when I wear them it reminds me of the wonderful time I had on Kiawah Island.  Another favorite store of ours was the ice cream shop.  My cousins and I would always make it a point to get ice cream when we would go to Kiawah Island.  There are so many memories with them when we would get the same ice cream every time we would go there.  There is also a candy shop that you can go in.  I love going into the candy shop and seeing all the different types of candy they have to offer.  One of my favorite candies to get is the salt-water taffy.  It was a treat to go with our moms and check out the neat gifts they would buy for themselves or for others.  Even if you go a bunch of times, there is always something new to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment